Sometimes your teeth get damaged, despite your best efforts to care for them. The reality is that your teeth are living things that are just as capable of experiencing trauma, pain, and injury as the rest of your body.
Your teeth are connected to one another through a system of nerve endings and blood vessels. When one or multiple teeth are threatened by damage, disease, or decay, the rest of your mouth is at risk.
If your oral health is compromised, it can lead to other potential health risks for your overall health. This is why it’s vitally important to protect and take good care of your smile. One of the best treatments to do so is dental veneers. Dental veneers double as a cosmetic and restorative treatment, both enhancing your smile and protecting it from damage.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin layers of material—either porcelain or resin-based—that are put over the top of your teeth. They are designed to both improve the aesthetic of your smile and protect it.
Your front teeth can be particularly susceptible to chips, cracks, and breaking. These are the teeth that dental veneers are placed on. Veneers are a great way to prevent chipping and cracking in the future. And since your teeth naturally experience wear and tear throughout your life, protecting them now from future damage is a smart idea.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers have many benefits, including the following:
- Aesthetic Enhancement: Veneers are fitted specifically to your unique smile. They can be used to cover unseemly cracks or stains. They will make your front teeth more uniform in appearance, enhancing your overall smile.
- Strong and Durable: Veneers are strong and long-lasting. Once placed, you can trust that they will last you a lifetime, keeping your teeth safe and making your smile all the more beautiful
- Protection for Teeth: Veneers’ strong, durable nature makes them a perfect shield for your teeth. They will protect your smile from chips and cracks that so often occur to the thinner front teeth.
- Whitening: Veneers will naturally give your teeth a brighter, whiter look. Whether you have some stains, or your teeth just look a little yellow, veneers will do the trick. The specific shade of your veneers can be selected beforehand to whiten your smile.
Dental veneers truly are a wonderful way to protect your teeth and enhance your smile. We are pleased to be able to offer this type of treatment to our patients at Weinberg Dentistry. You can trust our talented team to keep you informed and up-to-date on information regarding veneers and to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Dental Veneer Placement
Placing dental veneers can take a couple of appointments. Here’s a little about how those appointments will play out:
- Preparing Veneers: You’ll first need to be fitted for them. We’ll take impressions and measurements. We’ll also check the color of the veneer material against your teeth to make sure they match. Then, we will make the veneers.
- Preparing Teeth: This step involves shaping your teeth so that the veneers can be properly attached to the teeth. This part of the procedure can involve some local anesthetic to make you more comfortable.
- Placing Veneers: With your teeth in the proper shape, we’ll apply some dental adhesive and attach the veneers. Once that is finished, you’ll be all set with your new and improved, strong, and durable smile.
- Caring for Veneers: Veneers require the same kind of care and attention as your regular teeth. Make sure to keep up with regular brushing, flossing, and keeping dental checkups and you’ll be sure to enjoy your veneers for years to come.
Contact Weinberg Dentistry Today
Discover how our dental veneers can transform your smile when you contact us today. Not only will our treatment make your teeth whiter and more uniform, but it will also protect your teeth from chips, cracks, and breaks. Enjoy all these benefits when you work with our talented and skilled team to have your dental veneers placed.